Apr 19, 2010

RHOK: question April 19, 1995 -Where were you?

Timothy McVeigh started to plan the OKC attack in Sept. of 1994. He planned the bombing, like we would a vacation. His entertainment agenda was horribly twisted & sick, disturbing, the mind of a killer plotting, a Terrorist. To take the lives of 168 people, 19 children & wounding each heart in Oklahoma, in the Nation, millions of us are unable to understand that... to this day. Timothy confessed in Feb. of 1997.
In 2001, before he was to be executed the Pope John Paul II asked President Bush by letter, to spare his life. As a Christian, I struggle with this issue. I was relieved to hear on June 11, 2001, Timothy was executed. He never apologized.  When Terry Nichols was sentenced to life in prison in Oklahoma, he did ask for forgiveness from the survivors & the families whose loved ones died.

I was a former OKIE living in Colorado when the bombing happened. I received the news at work, from a co-worker listening to the radio. I was shocked, things like this don't happen, especially in Oklahoma.

Ironically, Timothy McVeigh's final court days were moved to Denver, but 2 years after I moved away. I later learned that on April 19, 1995, I was 16 days pregnant with my firstborn. Today I'm glad to see the news media is honoring the lost. I would like to see the memorial in OKC one day. The good of the situation, was to witness the people, their love, they rallied around to help, to rebuild, and built the memorial to honor each person that lost their life that day.